Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Almost a spilled Tea...

Finally... out of 3 rented movies again ... a Big "no" (meaning don't rent OK !!) for the movie Tiptoes and Wicker Park, The Eye, a foreign movie was a good one it is a bit scary but it didn't bother me that much since I was watching it with Potsie... Potsie on the other hand was Terrfied with a capital T ... well I can say it did scare me a bit since when her mom called we both jump when the phone rang. Anyway... part of The Eye was Ok a 3.5 from a rating of 1 to 5 1 being the lowest rank. But the Eye 2 was also OKI but it is more of a comedy. I guess it does seems funny for anybody who really don't understand the Chinese-Japanese traditions.. traditions of reincarnation. "white" books believe in reincarnation but they picture it as a good thing.. Here in the movie Eye 2 they showed it as an scary thing and since Joey which was the main character in the movie was portrayed as a modern woman so she was out of touch of their tradtions and it seems all to scary for her and thats what they capitalized on. Where can you find that a woman who jump from a bldg fell and still alive and since the dead didnt want her to die .. Joey manage to climb again the bdlg and jump for the 2nd time.. and finally the dead woman said.. I cant let you die, I beg you, I want to forget everything. So finally Joey decides to let her reincarnate through her baby.. But Geeshh.. would Joey the mother ever forget all the scar and broken bones she experienced ??? Ironinc huh! BTW the dead woman was really the wife of Joey's Boyfriend who jump infront of an LRT.. well I dont know what they call it in Hongkong but in the Phils... they call it LRT in NJ the famous Path train... OK she jump bec. the husband was cheating on her with Joey and at the end Joeys baby would be the dead wife !! There the whole story of The Eye 2... hmmmm I have a couple more hours to play canasta and tomorrow AM I am "call in" for the Happy place.. hopefully Debra won't need me and at 3:30PM back to MHP I go.... till next time!...

No comments: